There are many ways to help!
Help us Teach a Man to Fish and get the fisherman a job. The JLF has several revenue sources to help us remain sustainable such as food sales, catering, The Kitchen rental and The Klassroom. These social enterprises cover approximately 75% of our operating expenses. We need your help with the rest.
The JLF is a registered 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. All donations are fully tax-deductible as allowed by law. Federal EIN 82-0789322.
How to Donate
- Online donation (via one of the above methods)
- By Phone at 515-608-4277
- By Mail at Justice League of Food, 111 S. 11th Street, Suite 300, West Des Moines, IA 50265
- Workplace Giving: Many employers offer matching donations through payroll deductions or charitable giving portals. Consult with your HR department.
- Amazon Smile: Did you know that you can choose a charity to support through your purchases on Amazon? Shop through smile.amazon.com and simply choose the Justice League of Food as your supported charity. Amazon will donate 0.5% of your eligible purchase.
- Companies and Foundations: Give us a call to discuss a partnership.
- Donate commercial kitchen equipment.
Where Does the Money Go?
- Wages and stipends for our apprentices. Other than the Chef, they are the only paid positions in the organization.
- Uniforms, shoes, aprons, shirts, etc.
- Text books
- Food for Community Meals