What started out years ago as an initiative by a handful of food trucks to feed the homeless has evolved into a paid culinary apprenticeship focused on skills development and transition into the workplace. We believe the cycle of poverty can be broken through an investment in individuals and the creation of jobs.
- Culinary Skills Training
- ServSafe Food Handler’s Certification
- Workplace Readiness
- Personal Financial Literacy
- Job Search Assistance
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must be referred by a local agency that focuses on homelessness and hunger
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- Must be in stable housing
- Must be clean and sober
- Must be physically able to work and train 40 hours per week
- Ask the agency you are working with to complete the Agency Referral
- Complete and submit the Culinary Job Training Application
- Attend a one-on-one interview
- Consent to a drug screen
- If accepted, complete a 2-week trial period
- Complete a group interview
- Do your best every day
- Show up on time
- Be willing to learn
- Stick with it, work hard, and don’t give up
How to Apply
Interested in becoming a student? Click here to apply online or download our PDF application.
Interested in referring an applicant? Click here to fill out a referral online or download our PDF application.
Completed PDF applications may be submitted to email@example.com or mailed to:
Justice League of Food
111 South 11th Street, Suite 300
West Des Moines, IA 50265
Questions? Give us a call at 515-608-4277 and let’s chat.
Hire our Graduates
Our Culinary Job Training Program graduates need good jobs with great companies. Click here to request more information on hiring our graduates.